Créme Fraîche Ice Cream

I made that Plum-Cherry Crostada... and my mom pulled out a 40-year bottle of port to go with it.

So we DEFINITELY needed an ice cream to take this dessert up a notch.

Since I lacked the ingredients... I just ran down to the Fruit Bowl for some inspiration. I was thinking mascarpone, but they didn't have any.

Créme Fraîche it is... Sorry there's no pictures for the in-between. I got caught up.


This ice cream has a slight tang from the créme fraîche, and is mildly sweet... ie. a great flavor for an accompaniment.... think apple pie... or a cherry-plum crostada.

But this recipe is real simple. Only 5 ingredients. You can do this. You can do it in your sleep.

check out those flecks of vanilla! *swoons* 😩
Try it! I believe in you. You won't be disappointed.


Créme Fraîche Ice Cream

8 oz Créme Fraîche
1 cup Whipping Cream
1/2 cup + 1/8 cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 Vanilla Bean, scraped
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
In a bowl, whisk créme fraîche and whipping cream together until combined and lumps disappear. Add in sugar, then mix. Scrape vanilla bean directly into the bowl and add in vanilla essence.

Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions of your ice cream maker. Transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden. Scoop and enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts